One of the greatest things about camp at Durley is the outdoor experience. With the exception of sleeping, meal times and during inclement weather, all programing will take place outside – along the lake, in the field, on the court, through the woods, in the tabernacle, and under the snack shop pavilion. This, in and of itself, minimizes COVID-19 risks. In addition, our program focuses on cabin groups experiencing the day together which means that campers will spend their day with a consistent group of people.
Durley Youth Camp also has the following COVID-19 measures in place:
● Temperature checks every morning before breakfast. Campers will also be monitored for other covid-like symptoms.
● Dining room tables socially distanced with additional seating outside
● No self-serve food or beverage stations
● Kitchen staff wearing masks and gloves while serving food and beverages
● Hand sanitizer stations upon entrance to the Young Lodge and Tabernacle
● Cabins, bathrooms, and indoor public spaces disinfected every morning with a spray disinfectant
Additional measures of Durley Youth Camp programs will be:
● All persons masked upon arrival and during registration/move-in
● Registration will be done in a drive-through style with minimal contact
● Cabin mates will be assigned ahead of time to try and keep campers from the same geographical region together
● Campers and staff masked any time inside the Young Lodge and also during large group and mixed cabin group activities where social distancing cannot be maintained.
● To ensure we have safe staff, these measures will be put in place: a recent negative COVID test, or vaccinated against COVID
*This plan is the executive team’s best thoughts at this time. The COVID19 pandemic is a fluid situation that requires continuous evaluation and flexible responses. By the time June comes around measures may be increased or relaxed.
Click HERE to download this plan.